Feature Runner Friday: Jimi Brantingham

This Friday we are featuring Louisville runner Jimi Brantingham. Brantingham will be competing in his first half marathon this April for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon weekend.

“I work for a company that has ties to the marathon race timing industry, so I have seen many bibs during my time there,” Brantingham said.” After many years of applying timing tags to various bibs, I decided to run a 5k. My first race was the Steelers 5K Labor Day weekend 2018 at Heinz Field. Since then I  have been hooked. I have completed a total of 16 5ks since my first race and last year did the half marathon relay at the Rock HOF in Cleveland. My most recent runs included 2 5ks within 3 days of each other in Clearwater, FL. I am very excited to be doing the combo 5k and half marathon this April!”

Brantingham contributes a lot of his success to trainers and fitness instructors who have helped guide his training along the way.

“Without the help of all my trainers at myFitLife, I wouldn't be where I am now,” Brangtingham said. “When I told Matt (my trainer)  I wanted to run a 5k two years ago, he told me if I was serious about it and put in the work, he would go to Pittsburgh with me to run it. Not only did he keep his word, but he also ran alongside me at the half this year to keep me focused and on pace to achieve my personal goal of 2 hours and 30 minutes. Jason, another one of my trainers, joined me in Clearwater, FL last month to run a 5k. Racing is often considered a solo sport, but having people push and encourage you when you need it really helps you to achieve your goals.”

We look forward to watching Brantingham complete his first solo half marathon this spring with us and wish him the best of luck on his running journey!

Get to know the local Louisville runner

5k or Half Marathon - I have always done 5k's. This is my first attempt at a solo Half Marathon. 
Netflix or HBO - Netflix, but now also a huge fan of Disney+
Fall or Spring - My birthday is in September so I’m going to go with Fall. Plus its excellent running weather! 
Facebook or Instagram - Use both but prefer Instagram. 
New Balance or Brooks - Have only ever worn New Balance to run in. Love them. 
Adidas or Nike - Either or but just apparel. 
Track and Field or Cross Country - I enjoy the multiple events of Track and Field. Many different things to watch. 
Football or Basketball - Football. March Madness is as much as I get into basketball. I'm terrible at picking my bracket but it's still fun.  
Gatorade or Body Armor - Peach Mango Body Armor Lite
Browns or Bengals - Neither!!! Die hard Black and Gold fan! Here we go Steelers! 
Trails or Roads - Had a bad experience with trails. Tripped over a root and slid down a hill. So sticking with roads! 
CrossFit or Yoga - I haven't tried either, but may try yoga soon.  
Coffee or Tea - Coffee for sure  
Warm up music? - Thunderstruck" by AC/DC, "Raise Your Glass" by P!nk, "American Idiot" by Green Day, "Enter Sandman" by Metallica 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature Runner Friday: Wendy Ramsey

Feature Runner Friday: Ashley Dunbar